January 5, 2012

Day 10: Something you're afraid of

Again, I can't help but feel like my title is grammatically incorrect... but I'm just copying and pasting, y'all.

So. Many. Things. I'm afraid of lot's. And that's sad. And they're small things that I should be able to conquer easily. Like my mom. She's fearless.

I suppose some of my more minor fears are just phobias. Acrophobia (heights), arachnophobia (spiders), hippopottomonstroquipidalleophobia (fear of big words) (that was a joke).

A few are a bit more severe: I get anxious in new environment, primarily due to the fact that I feel like I'm being judged. I discussed this a bit in another post earlier. Thanks again to my mother, because I'm slowly being able to enter a new environment. While I still have that nagging judged feeling, I try to ignore it, because, really, I'm the one judging myself and projecting this on to others. Hell, I may break one of my resolutions and go to a gay bar with that in mind... or not... I just made myself anxious.

Scared shitless, but less and less each day,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment