January 11, 2012

Normal blog, and Day 16: Dream House

I've been in a rut lately. I'm trying so hard to fill this void in me that screams out for a relationship, but I've now heard it from three unconnected sources that "Those who seek never find," and all in about those same words, too. So this is me, trying not to seek. But how do you catch the eye of some cute boy on the train and not want to know his name and number and whether or not he likes sushi? (Among other things I would like to know is relationship status [single, preferably, but I'm flexible], whether or not he has a crippling social disability [I have enough social anxiety for the both of us], and whether or not he has a good relationship with his mother [it's important to me, okay?]... But those can wait for later dates.) I have far too much on my plate than to be worrying about boys, but damn it, I worry anyway... So I'm going to just let that one go and see what happens.

And I need a new job. I'm still at the hospital, but I ended my seasonal-to-permanent employment at the Body Shop. I'm not big on retail, but when I have to persuade someone to buy more shit they don't need, I draw a line. I would like to get another part-timer on campus so I can get in to the University atmosphere, which might make going back to school a bit easier. Or not. I dunno. What I do know is that I want to move out, preferably closer to work. Waking up at 5:30 every morning, Monday through Thursday and some Fridays too, is starting to wear on me. (See how I gave an excuse unrelated to my family, even though my crazy family is the main reason I don't want to live at home anymore?)

Okay! Dream Home! Honestly, I'm not picky. I have two requirements: It's filled with IKEA stuff, and it's got a spiral staircase with a slide. Or a fire pole. Like I said. Not picky. An attic that I could turn into a study would be cool, and it should have a view, maybe of water or a cityscape. The master suite will have a grand bathroom with a tub that could fit two, and is recessed in the ground, to double as a step-in shower. The kitchen will resemble a professional restaurant's, except with a warmer feel. Think silver appliances, reddish wood, dark granite counters. And it will have an island, obvi. AND OH MY GOD, IT WILL HAVE HARDWOOD FLOORS. I've always wanted hardwood and rugs. ALWAYS.

Forever dreaming,
Ash

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for your housewarming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be the warmest warming you'll ever know! And don't worry, I'll be rich and famous, so I can fly in all my friends to wherever it is ;)

    ReplyDelete