January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! I can haz rezsolushunz?

Yes, it's your favorite time of year again! Time to make those resolutions to get fit, get organized, and go back to school for that next degree! Psych! You're not going to do any of those things this year, and neither am I! So this year I'm setting some realistic goals for myself that are achievable while still challenging myself. Ready? Go.

1. I'm never going to a gay bar or club again. They're not my scene. I'd much rather go to a regular bar or club. There I know at least SOMEONE would talk to/hit on me, even if it is a woman. At a gay bar, I'm ignored the whole night. Even by those I went with. There are two exceptions to this rule: I go with a female friend, or I go with someone I'm in a relationship with (and even then I'd be freaking out that the mass of shirtless, sweaty bodies would explode his little head and he'd leave me for some manwhore...)

2. I'm going to take more chances socially. If I see someone I want to talk to, I'll talk to them. If I see someone cute, I'll flirt. I'm done being shy. That's the one thing about that hasn't changed since high school. College broke down the walls around me, but I need to really clear the rubble away, because I'm still searching for places to hide.

3. I'm going to work as much as possible. When I'm working, I'm not spending money. In fact, I'm making it! Duh. But if I set aside excessive amounts of play time, I'll end up spending my paychecks and living one to the other like I have all my life. It's time I seriously committed to saving. It's the only way I'll get to pay off my student loans, my dental bill, my one of my ex's, and finally move out, whether just into the city, or to the East Coast.

4. I hate the resolution to get fit. Hate it. But I really do need to lose weight and I want to start getting toned. So instead of just trying to get fit, I'm going to find somewhere to do Aerial Silks again. I may even buy my own and build a rig in the back yard, if that's what it takes. I want to exceed at Silks, and in doing so, I'll be making myself sexy(er)!

5. Should I find myself in a relationship this year, I'm going to give it my 110%, nothing held back. I'm going to love with all my heart. Sure, getting hurt... well, hurts... but it's what you do after the hurt that really defines you. And if you didn't give it your all, then you probably deserved to get hurt anyway, right?

Let me know a few of your New Year's Resolutions in the comments below.

I love you all, 110%,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment