January 8, 2012

Day 13: Goals

For some reason, every time I look at the day's blog topic, I type it in the title bar, and want to start the blog with "Oh shit, here we go..." I don't even know why. It's not like telling you what I leave the house with or about my parents is difficult for me. I like to tell people about me, a lot, and who doesn't. I'm just not the one to go spew my life story all over you without you asking. And damn it, if you ask, you better be paying full attention.

Just last night I was at work and my manager of the evening started asking me about my romantic interests. I'm currently single with no prospects, but I started telling him about what I was looking for in a partner, and how I wasn't sure if I'm looking for something serious or not because I'm only 21, my life is just beginning, blah blah blah. Now, you'd think this was a pretty straight forward conversation, right? Wrong. That manager kept talking over me, telling me his life story. After he asked me mine. So now I'm thinking, okay, this wasn't about me at all, this was an excuse to get you talking. Thanks tool. And he's not the first person who has ever done that to me. I'm surrounded by people who do (you know who you are). I'm not asking you to stop, I'm asking you to wait your turn.

Goals: I don't have many, but they are important. "Everyone's goals are important, Ash," you may say. Sure, sure, I'll reply.
I'm going to be a celebrated author, and South Park is going to make a parody of one of my books. (I had a dream about it last night, it was the funniest damn thing I've ever seen.)
I'm going to dance with Cirque du Soleil. Any and all kinds, especially silks or rope.
These two things are going to happen simultaneously, and I'm going to be very rich.

Simply,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment