January 21, 2012

Day 26: My dream wedding...

Bah... I really don't want to do this one... For one, it just reminds me that I'm going to be single forever. For another, it reminds me how effed up this country is. Can't they see that denying people basic rights was the same thing they did to blacks and women years and years ago? But now women can vote, and blacks can have jobs and don't have to sit in the back of the bus... so why can't the bigots and conservatives see that they just need to wave the white flag and let us get married.

And for those that argue that if the government recognizes gay marriage nationwide, it will affect how your church has to run them: false. There's this little thing called separation of church and state. If a gay or lesbian couple decides to get married, they can have it recognized by the government and get the benefits that way, but a church can choose whether or not to recognize it. The government would have no say. So yes it would be legal, condoned by the church or not.

So my dream wedding, first and foremost, would be legal. I would be able to get married in Maine and honeymoon in Hawaii, and they would still have to treat my marriage as equal as Joe and Kathy Shmoe's. I don't actually want to get married in Maine, it was just an example.

I know I'd like to have a fall wedding, outside, somewhere where during the ceremony, a light breeze kicks up and showers us with multicolored leaves.



This would, ideally, be near a large reception hall for the reception... duh... I'm not sure exactly how receptions work... especially for a wedding for two men...



But I know that cake would be the most heart-stopping red velvet (and don't you dare call me unoriginal, I love red velvet cake) you've ever tasted, with golden fondant. And that's pretty much all I've got planned so far... lolz.



Oh, and I'll have a Maid of Honor, and a Best Man, because I said so. If I were to get engaged tomorrow, those would be my best friends Monica and Preston.



This post took me two hours to write,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment