December 28, 2011

It's everyone's favorite game!

Yes, it's the 30 days of bloggity blog game. Here's the agenda:

Day 1: Introduce, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts
Day 2: Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3: Your first love
Day 4: Your parents
Day 5: A song to match your mood
Day 6: A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7: Favorite movies
Day 8: A place you've traveled to
Day 9: A favorite picture of your best friend
Day 10: Something you're afraid of
Day 11: Favorite tv shows
Day 12: Something you don't leave the house without
Day 13: Goals
Day 14: A picture of you last year - how have you changed?
Day 15: Bible verse
Day 16: Dream house
Day 17: Something you're looking forward to
Day 18: Favorite Place to Eat
Day 19: Something you miss
Day 20: Nicknames
Day 21: Favorite Picture of yourself ALL TIME Why?
Day 22: What's in your purse?
Day 23: Favorite Movie
Day 24: Something you've learned
Day 25: Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26: Your Dream Wedding
Day 27: Original Photo of the city you live in
Day 28: Something that stresses you out
Day 29: 3 Wishes
Day 30: a picture of yourself this day and 5 good things that happened since you started the challenge

So I'll start by introducing myself, though I'm pretty sure my current readers already know who I am. My name is Ashton, I'm 21, six foot two, 220 lbs, I like long walks anywhere and everywhere, getting flowers, and almost any kind of food.
Recent picture:
And 15 facts... oh God...

1. Even though I haven't done it for about 6 months, I really like to do Aerial Silks. (Not me, duh, just an example.)

2. I love to do any kind of dance. Put some music on, and I will move to it.

3. I cry. About everything. It's stupid, but it happens.

4. My bedroom is always messy. Sometimes I'll get fed up with the mess and clean it, but it won't stay that way for long. I can't figure out why...

5. I'm a Ravenclaw.

6. I own six pairs of thermal underwear, and in the winter, I'm always wearing at least one under my pants. I can be cold, but I prefer not to be.

7. My favorite season is Fall, followed by Winter, Spring, and Summer.

8. My two favorite holidays are Halloween and Christmas.

9. When I meet someone new, or have the opportunity to, and this person could play out into my romantic life, I go anywhere, do anything, use anyone to meet/see/get to know them. I'm sorry if that's bitchy, but I know what I want and I know how to get it.

10. The only people I allow to be facebook friends with me are those I feel are going to be important to my life.

11. I'm a writer, and though I currently have five novels in mind, only scraps of one are saved on my computer so far.

12. I was born and raised LDS, fell away, studied tons of religions, found God, and then realized that religion wasn't right for me. I'm still spiritual, and I'm very comfortable with my relationship with God, and I don't need religion to tell me how to worship.

13. I have a hard time with forgiving and forgetting, toward myself and others. There are things I've said and done that nobody would remember, that I'm still not proud of. I'll say I'm over it, but there was something that happened over two years ago that still hurts to this day, and I don't know why.

14. I work at a hospital. I've seen things you can't even imagine. I've carried things you never knew existed inside of you. And I've driven an ambulance. Several times. Boom.

15. I'm royalty, and I will treat myself as such at all times. My favorite color, therefore, is purple.

I'm also going to give you day two because I'm going to try to keep up with Scotty and Lisha (yes, THAT Scotty and Lisha!)

My blog takes its name from Nathaniel Hawthorn's The Scarlet Letter. Duh. I actually agreed to read the book out of sheer vanity, because Scarlet appears in my name. In the classic book, Hester Prynne is discovered to be an adulteress, though she will not reveal the name of the father of her newborn child. She is therefore punished by being forced to wear a scarlet letter A across her bosom. During the course of the book, the letter A begins to stand less for Adulterer and more for Angel, due to her deeds she performs throughout her village. In my letters, I hope to take words and topics that are frowned upon, and transform them into something that can be openly talked about. I want my words to reach the masses and to open their hearts and minds.... that's my story.

Jumping on the band wagon,
Ash

2 comments: